Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Letter from home, November 25, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Some time has passed since I last wrote. I hope you are doing well, or as well as can be expected. 

Today would have been my mother's 99th birthday. I cannot begin to imagine how her life would have been if she had lived til now. Circumstances and life choices made for a rough go of it for her. I can only wish it would have been better for her.
Mom in 1994 with generations
 
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I guess my youngest is coming to visit. I really don't have anything big planned. I did, however, take a stab at cleaning the floors yesterday, as I no longer have a helper. Every muscle in my legs aches and I am not going to even think of trying to work over a hot stove for dinner. I remember years ago of cooking Thanksgiving Dinner for most of the crew, all they did was show up. I should have done something about that. Well, by now they know first hand that it's not easy, it's not cheap, and it's more work than they really want to do. I know longer hear, "Are you cooking?" Forgive me, this is just an old woman rambling on about circumstances in her life.

We have had our killing frost, three nights in a row actually and autumn is withdrawing in favor of the winter weather. Brr! We had a low of 20F twice, which is a shade unusual for this early.

Jill has taken up sleeping with me. She likes to get under the top blanket, aligning herself with my legs. She makes for a rather large 'hot water bottle' and that's okay. Guess I will have winters of a one dog night from now on. I still haven't found a 3/4 bed. LOL.

I'm still reading lots of fiction. I read many of the free books on Smashwords.com and the supply seems endless. True, some of them aren't that great, spelling can be a problem, grammar can be a problem, BUT I read something memorable every day. It amazes me that there are so many good stories out there! As far as I am concerned, it's the content that counts.

I'm thinking of my friends out there, going through trials of their own and wishing them the very best. 

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all.

4 comments:

  1. And one of the best story tellers is you! Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon! Love this picture.... ahhhh memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. sweet jill, bed doggie. :) glad you are still enjoying reading. happy thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I hope your Thanksgiving was an enjoyable one. Ours was quiet, and no leftovers because we went to our friends, I'm okay with that because there was no mess! But I do miss the Thanksgivings of the past. My Mom's dressing was the best. Like your Mom, she is missed. That's one thing that will never change.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I am always happy to hear what you have to say. Have a pleasant day!