Friday, June 10, 2016

How did it happen?

We went a whole week without any disasters, disappointments, or upsets. It's hard to imagine, but we did it.

DH bought himself 5 pair of socks (and got one pair free, can you believe?) He also bought me a couple pair of dress slacks - I have yet to try on. I began thinking (something that gets me into trouble) and I thought I could use a pair of nice soft moccasins for padding around in the house. I went to Amazon and ordered myself a pair of soft sole moccasins (plain - no beads). I felt a little guilty, ordering a pair of what I consider a frivolous waste of money, but I wanted some. I happened to check our bank statement and found out that while I felt guilty spending $39 for something I didn't really need - he spent $54 and got 6 lousy pair of socks! I may just order myself a pair of moccasins in a different color! (Just kidding)
 DH went to his bone doctor today, for a pain in his heel. He was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. Sounds ominous, it's not, it's just painful and is probably caused from running around in the house barefoot - it seemed to start when he began playing so much golf on the wii. He swings that thing more like a polo mallet than a golf club and kind of bounces on his heel after every swing. I could be wrong, but I would bet money on it. Really.

The other day, one of my blog mates received a package of soft peppermints. My mouth was watering as soon as I read her blog and I couldn't help myself, I immediately ordered a bag of my own. It came this afternoon, almost 3# of them. They should last me until Christmas. Amazon is just too handy ...
I'm looking forward to my calm days continuing, if that's at all possible. Crossing fingers. I hope you have a great (calm) weekend ahead as well!

13 comments:

  1. i'm totally addicted to those redbird mints. i get them at dollar general for $1 a bag and get 10-12 bags at a time. i pack some in my lunch every night and also keep a jar at work for the shift.

    i've had plantar fasciitis. it is painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I don't shop in town - this was a good thing for me. Delicious, I agree!

      Sorry about the plantar fasciitis, I hope it's better now!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not everybody does, but you are mobile, big difference.

      Delete
  3. Calm and uneventful is a wonderful thing. Much appreciated by those who don't have much of it. Here's hoping for another good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The calm this week has been a blessing, let me tell you. Sometimes things make me so jumpy I am beside myself.
      Thanks to your daughter for sending Bob those peppermints - I wouldn't have thought about ordering such a simple thing from Amazon. I'm set for a good long while!

      Delete
  4. Go for it girl, get you two more colors of moccasins. You only live once. I'm just jealous because I can't wear them. I have to have support under my legs as soon as I get up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I may do that, considering getting a pair of the ankle moccasins - depending on how well these fit after they come. Not all companies are a good fit.

      Delete
  5. Hahaha...those should be some seriously good socks. I love the moccasins and I vote on the side that they aren't a waste at all. I bet you get a lot of use out of them.

    Feel bad for DH. I had a bad bout of plantar fasciitis last year. Not fun at all. Hope he gets relief from it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a couple pair left from a couple of years ago. He is tough on socks, but this brand is very good.

      He didn't sleep well last night - they gave him some kind of foot brace to wear at night ...

      Delete
  6. I would faint if we didn't have any bumps in road...I like puffs.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite unusual for us, knock on wood!

      I figured it out, if I eat 3 pieces a day (3 = 60 calories) I have enough for a little over 3 months. Of course, I won't do that. (Hahahahaha!)

      Delete
  7. Oh yes. Online shopping is really really bad. But ohhhhh so good lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome, spam, however, is not. Please be respectful and stay on topic.